Monday, October 6, 2008

News Article

Today, I read a news article which was about the economy of Dubai. In Boomtown Feels Effects of a Global Crisis, it talked about that should Dubai this boom town slowdown the step of developing?
The author compared the economic conditions which between United States and Dubai. Pointing out that even though Dubai is a wonderful market now, it had better to be careful and build the base of economy well.

What interesting me first in this article was the picture. The beautiful aquarium is a decoration of the hotel lobby. How can people do that in the desert? It makes me feel Dubai is a place which human beings can overcome the struggle of nature.

However, it looks like people can overcome the nature but not the game which made by the human beings. This amazing boom town are confronting "some expensive project under construction may be in jeopardy. "

I think it is no use that "the government of the Emirates federation is able and willingto inject an almost unlimited amount of money into the system to ease credit problems" once the financial turmoil which happened on elsewhere affect the rosy Dubai. So, in my opinion, I agree with this article. Dubai should slowdown their developing. In case they can fight with the strong financial crisis which already plaguing the global economy. Who knows Dubai is really as good as it looks like?

1 comment:

Alyssa R. said...

I agree with you. It seems like throwing more money at the problem isn't solving the problem. And when the whole economy is built on credit...well, that's not a very solid base from which to build! But, I'm not a financial analyst, so maybe I don't know enough!